Posts for: February, 2016
If you have issues hearing those around you then you may want to consider a hearing aid.
It can be frustrating when you have trouble hearing those around you. You want so desperately to understand what people are saying and be part of the conversation but maybe you’re too embarrassed to continuously ask people to repeat themselves. Find out what scenarios may warrant a trip to see your Naperville audiologist, Dr. Lisa Prather.
What are the signs that I have hearing loss?
You may notice a variety of warning signs that could pinpoint whether it’s time to talk to your audiologist in Naperville, IL about hearing aids:
- It sounds like many people are mumbling when talking to you
- You need to have the volume on the television or radio turned up in order to properly hear it
- You ask people to repeat themselves often
- You have trouble hearing people in noisy or public environments
- You have trouble understanding people in groups
- You find yourself straining to hear conversations
- Hearing people on the telephone is challenging
- You avoid social occasions and gatherings or find yourself isolated during group conversations
What can I expect when I get a hearing aid?
When you get glasses they are designed to completely correct your vision, but it’s a bit different with hearing aids. Hearing aids will never completely correct your hearing loss or be able to 100-percent restore your hearing. What hearing aids can do is amplify the sounds around you so you can hear people better. The purpose of wearing a hearing aid is to make soft conversation or sounds more audible while making normal sounds comfortable to hear.
A hearing aid is also designed to help a person understand speech by amplifying sounds that a person may have trouble hearing without a hearing aid. Some hearing aids are made to amplify high-pitched sounds while others are better for low-pitched sounds. Your audiologist in Naperville will be able to help you determine which kind of hearing aid is right for you when you come into our office.
Being able to hear is a vital component to a healthy and happy life. If you are having trouble hearing what others are trying to say then maybe it’s time to consider getting a hearing aid in Naperville. Call Ear to Ear Hearing Solutions to schedule your next appointment.